Sunday, December 21, 2008

I brought the snow.

It started snowing right about the same time I flew in a week ago and it hasn't let up. Measurements show 10 or 12 inches of wet and dry fluff. A nice frozen rain layer in there makes for a nice crunchy walk. My pa and I went out to work all week, but the van was swapped out for the 4x4 on Thursday and Friday. The suburban or as I keep calling it, the expedition, is my father's new toy and he appreciates the snow if only so that he can test it out. The power is out as I type, but we plugged the generator in and I can finish this up. It hasn't been out but an hour and it will probably come back soon. The snow isn't any worse than Alaska, but people are whinier here because they aren't used to it and there must be only 3 plows in the whole county. Well with any luck we will make it across the narrows bridge tomorrow and over to the other side of the state. You should all be proud of me because all my stuff is moved in or up to the attic. Ta-da!

IMG_2965

IMG_3014

IMG_2938