Monday, January 5, 2009

Holiday Report


I suppose the most important thing is that I met my niece Clara. We went across the state through all the weather to visit the two grandkids. I also got to see my sister and brother and go sledding. I haven't had that much fun sledding in a long time. My sister lives on a hill and they got several feet of snow.
Before new years we went home and did inventory for the business. Then I took off for New Years Eve in Tacoma. I went to ZooLights with Katherine Bosch and then headed to Annie Fiske's. It was a fun little Sitka reunion. Cerissa Payment, Leeann Taki, and Patricia Campbell also made it. We were joined by some of our friends from around here for homemade pizza and good fun. Everyone was well, though a good portion unemployed or underemployed. Patricia and I rose early the next morning to get her to work by noon at Macy's in downtown Portland. We made great time and I piddled around and relaxed with Patricia and her sister, Becky, for a couple days. On my way back I stopped between Elma and Shelton to Kyle, Marissa, and Gary Deerkop. They neglected to tell me until I was on my way that they had moved from Chehalis, but these things can escape you occasionally and I was able to find them. Gary seemed like he was a very good baby that doesn't give them too much trouble. We ate elk burgers-yum- and I got to hold the cute one a bit. Since then it has been back to appliance repair.

Hope you are enjoying your weather! I hear it has been extra cold in Alaska.